Healthified Homemade Ramen
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Sriracha, optional
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 hard boiled egg, shelled and halved
- 1 (3.2 ounce) bundle uncooked 'Japanese style' noodles (used Sokina brand)
- 0.5 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the mushrooms, carrot, garlic, ginger and sesame oil into the pot and cook over medium high heat until the veggies are starting to become tender; about 3 minutes. Once the veggies are ready, add in the chicken broth, water and soy sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and bring it all to a boil. Add in the noodles and allow to cook for 3 minutes (or to package directions if you're using a different brand than I did.) When the noodles are done, remove the pot from the heat and add in the spinach, and allow to wilt.
- When the spinach has wilted, give it all a little stir and divide the soup evenly among some large bowls.
- Top each with a half of the egg and garnish with green onions and a drizzle of Sriracha if desired. Serve right away and enjoy!
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.