It’s a beautiful love affair between baked potatoes and oven fries!
- 4 organic russet or yukon gold potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 0.25 cup sour cream (optional)
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped (optional)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- spritz of fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Let’s slice our taters! Key: Be sure to slice each slit down to about 1/4 inch from the bottom. Slice your potatoes crosswise, 1/8 inches apart (remember not to slice all the way through!).
- Place your prepared potatoes on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Drizzle each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop your potatoes in the oven to bake for about 1 hour, until golden. Top with optional toppings, if desired.
- I paired my hasselback potatoes with my honey chili tempeh bacon and a large quinoa salad, topped with my creamy dijon dressing.
- Enjoy eating whole!
Read more from Eating Whole.