Hamburgers with Grilled Bacon, Fried Egg, Avocado on Focaccia
Serving Size: 3
- 1 Pound 80/20 ground meat formed into 8 ounce patties
- 4 Assorted berries: strawberries, raspberries and blackberries
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 4 leaves red leaf lettuce
- 1 Ounce butter, melted
- 1 loaf of focaccia bread, sliced into hamburger buns
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 vine ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- assorted berries
- On a hot grill cook the hamburgers to desired temperature. NOTE: should take 5 to 7 minutes on each side to achieve a medium internal temperature.
- When you flip the hamburgers, add the bacon to the grill and cook until crispy. NOTE: The fat in the bacon will cause flames and smoke so be sure to turn often to avoid burning.
- Place a small non-stick skillet with non-stick spray on the grill and cook the egg to over medium and set aside.
- Once everything is almost finished, brush the inside of the focaccia bread with the melted butter and place on the grill to toast. NOTE: Should only take 2 to 3 minutes.
- To Plate: Place the burger on the bun with the cheese, egg, bacon, avocado and serve with lettuce, tomato, onion and fresh berries on the side.
Read more from Chef Billy Parsi.