- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 cup dark cocoa powder (or use regular cocoa powder)
- 2.5 cup flour (used Cara's All-Purpose Blend)
- 2 Tbsp nondairy milk
- 6 Tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1.25 cup powdered sugar
- few drops of gluten-free vegan orange food coloring
- 3 Tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until a nice dough forms. It might be a little crumbly; simply place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and gently knead until a smooth ball if formed.
- Roll between two pieces of parchment paper until approximately 1/4" thick. Cut into circles with a 2" cookie cutter.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to fully cool.
- With an electric mixer, combine all the ingredients for the filling until it becomes thick and smooth.
- Using a spatula, scrape the cream into a plastic baggie. Make a slit in one corner and thickly distribute the cream in a circular motion onto one cookies. Gently sandwich another cookie on top.
For the full post, visit Fork and Beans.