Guilt-Free Vegan Banana Caramel Shake
Banana Caramel Shake
- 1.25 cup vanilla almond milk (we use Silk Pure Almond)
- 1.5 large frozen bananas
- 2 Tbsp store bought or homemade vegan caramel sauce (recipe follows) plus extra to drizzle on the glass
- 2 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth and creamy. Drizzle the bottom and sides of the glass with caramel.
- Pour and ENJOY!!
Homemade Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup full fat coconut milk (not beverage)
- 0.25 cup coconut oil
- Pour sugar in a large, deep non-stick pan and place it on the stove at medium heat.
- Let the sugar “melt” until it reaches an amber color, 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it constantly, it can burn very quickly!
- Reduce heat to low and carefully pour coconut milk, stirring constantly. Be careful here because the mixture will bubble up. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined (the sugar might clump up and harden when you pour the coconut milk. Don’t worry if this happens, it will slowly melt again as the caramel cooks)
- Add coconut oil, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy, for about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool and store in the refrigerator*
*Note: If caramel sauce hardens in the refrigerator, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until it softens.
Read more from May I Have that Recipe.