- Pour sugar in a large, deep non-stick pan and place it on the stove at medium heat.
- Let the sugar “melt” until it reaches an amber color, 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on it constantly, it can burn very quickly!
- Reduce heat to low and carefully pour coconut milk, stirring constantly. Be careful here because the mixture will bubble up. Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined (the sugar might clump up and harden when you pour the coconut milk. Don’t worry if this happens, it will slowly melt again as the caramel cooks)
- Add coconut oil, stirring constantly. Cook until smooth and creamy, for about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool and store in the refrigerator*
*Note: If caramel sauce hardens in the refrigerator, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds until it softens.
Read more from May I Have that Recipe.