Grilled Radicchio with Lemon-Hazelnut Dressing
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 0.25 cup fresh lemon juice
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 6-ounce heads of radicchio, halved through the core
- In a skillet, toast the hazelnuts over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, 5 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a clean towel and rub off the skins. Coarsely chop 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts; finely grind the remaining 2 tablespoons of hazelnuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the 1/4 cup of olive oil, the cheese and the 2 tablespoons of finely ground hazelnuts. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Brush the radicchio halves with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until the edges are lightly charred, 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool slightly. Spoon the dressing on top, sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts and serve.
Image Credit: Fredrika Stjärne
Recipe Courtesy of: Linda Aldredge