Grilled Pineapple and Banana Sauce with Honey and Lime
- 2 Tbsp (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp golden brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 0.5 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 5 1/2-inch-thick rounds peeled cored pineapple
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- Place butter, honey, brown sugar, and lime juice in small saucepan. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Bring to simmer over medium heat, whisking until smooth. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Remove vanilla bean and rewarm sauce before using.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush both sides of pineapple with some sauce. Grill 1 minute per side. Transfer to plate; cut into 1/2-inch cubes and place in large bowl, leaving juices behind. Mix remaining sauce into pineapple. Cut bananas into 1/2-inch chunks; fold into pineapple mixture.
Image Credit: Antonis Achilleos
Recipe courtesy of: Dede Wilson