Grilled Peaches with Fresh Raspberry Sauce
Serving Size: 6
Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream and a couple of shortbread cookies if you like.
- 2.25 cup (lightly packed) fresh raspberries (about 13 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1.5 Tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
- 6 medium-size ripe but firm peaches, halved, pitted
- Puree 2 1/4 cups fresh raspberries along with 3 tablespoons water in food processor until puree is smooth. Strain raspberry puree through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids in strainer. Stir in 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice until blended. DO AHEAD Fresh raspberry sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Melt butter with brown sugar in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Remove skillet from heat. Brush peach halves all over with melted butter mixture. Grill until tender, about 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with sauce.
Image Credit: Con Poulos
Recipe courtesy of: Jamie Perviance