Grilled Lamb Chops with Marjoram Butter and Zucchini
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp minced marjoram (scant)
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely grated
- 0.75 tsp fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 12 4- to 6-ounce lamb rib chops
- extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 medium zucchini—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- In a small bowl, mix 6 tablespoons of the butter with the marjoram, garlic and lemon juice. Season the butter with salt and pepper. Wrap the butter in a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Twist the ends to seal and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 6 minutes total. Transfer the chops to a platter and immediately top each one with a slice of the marjoram butter.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of plain butter. Add the zucchini and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over high heat, tossing, until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Serve the lamb chops with the zucchini and the remaining marjoram butter.
Recipe Credit: Rachel Allen
Image Credit: Tara Fisher