Grilled Herbed Shrimp Skewers
The shrimp are marinaded in a mixture of yellow onion, garlic, Serrano chilies, a heavy hand of cilantro and fresh lime juice. The flavors are pretty much, WOW, so we kept the veggie selection simple. A few cherry tomatoes and baby spring onions was all that was needed to complete this one-stop recipe. Grill them up, and serve with a big bowl of warm orzo that has been tossed with fresh herbs (we used chervil) and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 0.5 yellow onion
- 0.5 bunch of cilantro, washed and patted dry
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small serrano chili
- 0.5 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 - 5 limes)
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 1 Pound medium shrimp, peeled
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 small baby spring onions or small red onion cut into quarters
- Place the onion, garlic, cilantro and serrano into the bowl of a food processor. Give a few whirls to finely mince.
- Place the mixture into a large glass bowl or a large ziploc bag.
- Add the lime juice and canola oil, seal and shake to mix.
- Add the shrimp.
- Seal the bag and shake. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- 1/2 hour before putting the skewers together, if you are using wooden ones soak them for at least 1/2 hour. This prevents them from catching on fire.
- Preheat your grill according to directions.
- Skewer the shrimp, tomatoes and red onion, alternating between the three.
- Grill skewers 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
More from Chez Us.