Grilled Habanero Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches
I have mentioned this a few times over the past month or so: I love habanero cheddar cheese. It's over the top good. I was thinking of new ways to incorporate this cheese into some grilling recipes. Today I wanted to try making a grilled cheese sandwich on the grill using habanero cheddar cheese.
- 8 Ounce block habanero cheddar cheese
- 8 Ounce block monterey jack cheese
- 1 stick butter (or a spread)
- 1 loaf artisan Italian bread
- Prepare grilled cheese sandwich.
- Light grill to low heat (hold your hand 1 inch over the grate and count to at least 5 comfortably).
- Lay sandwich down over direct heat (over the fire).
- Look under the sandwich after 30 seconds to check for char.
- If charred, flip sandwich immediately, if not, continue cooking for a few more minutes then flip.
- Cook until cheese is nicely melted and bread is grilled to your preference.
Read more from Grilling 24x7.