Grilled Garden Sandwich
- 1 head garlic
- 1 French bread baguette (8 oz.), split
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 portobello mushroom cap (4 inch), cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 yellow squash, ends trimmed, then each cut into 3 lengthwise slices
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed, then each cut into 3 lengthwise slices
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp KRAFT Real Mayo mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 KRAFT Big Slice Colby Jack Cheese slices
- Heat grill to medium heat. Cut thin slice off top of garlic; discard. Place garlic, cut-side up, on sheet of foil; drizzle with 1 Tbsp. oil. Wrap in foil. Grill 15 min. or until tender. Carefully squeeze garlic cloves into small bowl. Add mayo and thyme; mix well.
- Toss vegetables with vinegar; grill 5 to 7 min. or until tender, turning frequently.
- Spread cut sides of baguette with mayo mixture; fill with vegetables and cheese.
- Brush outside of sandwich with remaining oil. Place on grill grate; top with grill press. Grill 4 to 5 min. on each side or until cheese is melted.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cut-up fresh fruit for a tasty and colorful meal.
Special Extra: Add fresh arugula leaves to the sandwich filling.
Variation:If you don't have a grill press, you can use a heavy weighted skillet to press down top of sandwich when grilling.