Grilled Corn Salad
I slightly roasted the sweet white corn, just long enough to add some pretty little grill marks. I wanted the corn to still have crunch, which basically means, still being “raw." I added my favorite Happy Boy farm cherry tomatoes, a little red onion, cool cilantro and a yummy dressing made of fresh lemon juice, olive oil and toasted cumin seeds. The secret to bringing it all together – an avocado. I loved how the avocado made the dressing all creamy, almost like it had a mayo base, but it didn’t. It was so yummy.
- 4 ears sweet white corn, husked and washed
- 2 tsp teaspoons cumin seed, slightly toasted
- drizzle high quality olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 avocado, diced into large chunks
- 1 handful cilantro, minced
- 0.25 red onion, diced
- 1 Pint cherry tomato
- olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat your BBQ grill.
- Lightly coat the corn with some olive oil, grill, just until there are slight grill marks. Let cool. While the corn is grilling, let the onion sit in an icy bowl of water, to remove the bitterness, for at least 30 minutes; drain.
- Toss cherry tomatoes into a serving bowl. I used really tiny ones, if you cannot find really tiny ones, cut them in half. Add the onion and the cilantro.
- Carefully, slice the corn kernels off of the ears of corn, add to the bowl.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice and cumin. Drizzle over the corn mixture.
- Add the avocado.
- Season with salt.Toss.
- Serve. Eat.
Read more from Chez Us.