Grilled Cheese Egg in the Hole Recipe
If you are an egg fan and a grilled cheese fan, you need to make this sandwich. They’re very impressive, equally simplistic and go from kitchen to table in less than 10 minutes. Plus, if you’re like me, you’ll be the lucky one eating all the leftover holes of grilled cheese. Now, that’s what I’m talking about!
- 2 slices of sourdough or your favorite bread
- 2 slices white cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pad of butter, plus more for the pan (optional)
- olive oil or spray
- salt and pepper
- 2.5 round cookie cutter
- Put pan on medium heat. Add oil or spray.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Lay cheese on one buttered side. Place other slice on top to make a sandwich.
- Use cookie cutter to make a hole in the middle.
- Add a little butter to the pan, if using. Make sure the oil/butter is distributed evenly.
- Place sandwich in pan and press with a spatula.
- Crack 2 eggs in center of sandwich. Salt and pepper eggs. Cover pan. Cook for 2 min.
- Remove cover and carefully flip sandwich. Cook for another 2 min for over easy eggs.
- Serve with fresh fruit or hash browns.
For the full post, visit I Bake He Shoots.