Grilled Bratwurst Subs with Italian Peppers and Onions
"This recipe involves a simple grilled bratwurst sausage but is taken to a whole new level with a skillet full of simmering tomato sauce with onions and peppers," says John. "The end result is a big hearty sub with sausage and peppers that will keep your Super Bowl party guests happy."
- 1 pack of bratwurst (at least 6 links)
- 1 pack of Cobblestone Wheat Grinder Sub Rolls (sliced)
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 green peppers (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 large sweet onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (diced)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Before your guests come over prepare your grill for a medium heat.
- Place a cast iron skillet directly over the heat, add a little oil and sauté the diced peppers, onion, and garlic for about 15 min.
- Move the skillet to a cooler area of the grill and add the entire jar of marinara sauce to the skillet.
- Put the bratwurst sausages directly over the flame. Close the grill dome and cook the sausages for about 3 minutes a side until they are cooked.
- After they are cooked add the sausages to the skillet and stir everything around. Keep the bratwurst in the skillet along with the peppers and onions for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wrap the Wheat Grinder Sub rolls in aluminum foil and place them directly on the grill grate. After a minute or so, turn the roll around. This will get the roll a bit crispy and very warm.
- Open up the foil and lay a bratwurst sausage in the roll and generously top with the marinara sauce mixture. Top the sub with some shredded mozzarella cheese and serve.
For the full post, visit Grilling 24x7.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.