Grilled Beef-Tenderloin Skewers with Red-Miso Glaze
- 0.375 cup 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 0.25 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp red miso paste
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1.25 Pound beef tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1. Preheat a grill. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until crisp, stirring, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a blender; reserve the garlic oil for another use. Add the soy sauce, miso, sesame oil, sugar and salt to the blender and puree.
2. Thread the meat on skewers. Lightly brush the meat with some of the miso glaze. Grill over high heat for 1 minute. Brush with the miso glaze a second time and grill, turning, until charred, about 2 minutes; serve.