Green Garlic Torta
Serving Size: 4
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean, with peels left on
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 green garlic bulbs with greens, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp butter, diced into small pieces
- 5 eggs
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the potatoes into a large pan of cold water, over medium high heat. Turn the timer on for 20 minutes. Bring to a boil. Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, cook the onions with the olive oil, in an oven proof skillet, until they are soft. Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the pepper and the diced butter pieces until blended. Slice the potatoes thinly; I like to use a mandoline. Add the potatoes to the skillet, stirring to blend with the onion/garlic mixture.
- Pour the eggs over the top of the potato mixture. Over very low heat, cook the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the skillet into the oven and cook for 20 – 30 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Remove from the oven and let set for a couple minutes before slicing. Serve. Eat.
Read more from Chez Us.