This one is one of my family’s favorites. People ask me for the recipe all the time after I make these for them, but I always forget to pass it along. So here it is for everyone!
The beauty of this dish is that it’s so easy to make and so flavorful! On busy nights I buy a rotisserie chicken at Costco (those babies are delicious!), shred it, mix the ingredients, roll, bake, and voila! You have dinner ready in less than an hour.
Quick, easy and oh so delish.
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 0.25 tsp cayenne
- 0.25 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cup shredded cooked chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cup grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cup prepared green enchilada salsa
- 0.25 cup Greek yogurt (non-fat, plain)
- 14 soft round 6 to 8inch flour or corn tortillas (I use flour tortillas)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl cream together the cream cheese and the Greek yogurt.
- Stir in ½ cup of the salsa and 1 cup of the grated cheese.
- In a second bowl toss together the chicken, the corn, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- In a baking dish spread a ½ cup of the salsa over the bottom.
- Place about a ? cup of the filling on a corn tortilla, roll up and transfer to the baking dish with the seam side down. Repeat process for remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining salsa over enchiladas, spreading to coat all of them.
- Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the top.
- Enchiladas may be prepared up to this point 12 hours in advance.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enchiladas may be reheated, covered with aluminum foil.
Read more from Fit, Fun & Delish!