Green Egg Skillet Bake
Serving Size: 2
Inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 organic large eggs
- 5 white mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 tsp red pepper flakes
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 cup collard greens, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large heavy pot on medium high heat one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onions; cook until tender and lightly browned; about 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the collard greens; cook until vibrant green; about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes; stir to combine. Add the spinach and cook until wilted; about 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Coat a medium cast iron skillet with remaining olive oil (or cooking spray to reduce calories). Transfer the mixture to the skillet leaving excess liquids behind. Scatter mushrooms on top. Make four wells in the mixture; gently crack eggs directly in to wells. Bake until the eggs are set; about 7-10 minutes.
- 2 tsp red chili paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp milk (dairy alternative: plain coconut milk)
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt (dairy alternative: vegan cream cheese
- pinch of salt
- While the skillet bakes, whisk all of the sauce ingredients together to combine.
- Present the dish in the skillet, dolloped liberally with sauce and drizzled with good olive oil. Serve piping hot. Serve with toasted multi-grain bread to soak up the yolks.
Read more from The Daily Meal.