Green Beans Almandine
Serving Size: 6
- 0.5 Pound green beans, trimmed
- 0.25 cup sliced almonds
- 1.5 Tbsp ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 0.75 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.25 tsp cracked black pepper
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water and arrange a steaming basket over the top.
- Place the green beans into the steaming basket and bring the water to a boil. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until the beans are bright green and crisp-tender.
- Transfer the beans to a colander to drain. Discard the cooking water and wipe the pot dry. Return it to the stove.
- Add the almonds to the pot and toast them for 5 minutes on medium heat, until golden brown and aromatic.
- Add the ghee, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and beans. Toss to coat and transfer to a serving plate.
This recipe originally appeared in Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker.