Greek Salad Sandwiches
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 0.5 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced mustard greens or kale
- 2 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 radish, cut into matchsticks
- 6 pickled pepperoncini, stemmed and cut into thin rings
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 0.5 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 0.5 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt or Homemade Greek Yogurt
- 6 Ladopsomo Breads or grilled pocketless pitas
1. In a food processor, process the chopped cucumber until minced. Transfer to a kitchen towel. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and transfer the cucumber to a bowl.
2. In the food processor, combine the yogurt, roasted peppers, garlic, dill and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and process until smooth. Add the yogurt mixture to the drained cucumber and stir well. Season the tzatziki with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar with the olive oil and oregano. Add the Kirby cucumber, olives, pepperoncini, radishes, tomatoes, mustard greens, onion and feta and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread about 2 tablespoons of tzatziki onto each bread and top with the salad. Serve right away.