Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches
This quick and easy sandwich is a favorite of Kristen Williams, a medical student from Charleston, South Carolina. She makes a large batch of the salad on Sunday evening, then takes it to school for lunch during the week. Because the salad will release liquid as it sits, be sure to transport the salad and the pita bread separately. Assemble the sandwich just prior to eating.
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 0.5 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 0.5 cup chopped radish
- 0.67 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber
- 1.25 cup chopped seeded plum or cherry tomato
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 8-inch diameter whole wheat pita breads, halved
- Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar in large bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes, and parsley into dressing. Stir in feta cheese. DO AHEAD: Salad can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer salad mixture to pita bread halves. Serve sandwiches immediately.
Recipe Credit: Kristen Williams
Image Credit: Tina Rupp