Gran's Pumpkin Fritters
Whenever my gran brought a tray of these delicious morsels out after lunch, I jumped up and down like only a little girl in love with her gran’s cooking can. I was obsessed with the light and fluffy fritters covered in sticky, gooey sauce. And now, years later, I feel no different.
- pinch of salt
- 0.25 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and pureed
- 0.75 cup sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 0.5 cup golden syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cream
- To make the fritters, combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown and cooked throughout, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and allow to drain on kitchen paper.
- Continue until all the fritters are cooked.
- To make the caramel sauce, combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and allow to cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes until the sauce is thick and glossy.
- Pour the syrup over the fritters and serve.
Read more from Simply Delicious.