Grain-Free Kelp Noodle Salad
We all need to incorporate more sea-veggies into our diets. Kelp is loaded with minerals and contains healthy polysaccharides.
- 0.5 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 0.5 package of kelp needles (soaked in warm water, then rinsed well pat dry)
- 3 chopped scallions
- 2 shredded carrots
- 2 cup spinach coarsley chopped
- After the kelp noodles have soaked in warm water for a few minutes, rinse them, and let them drain in a colander. Pat dry with paper towel. Cut through the noodles a little so they are not so long.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp hot sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 whole lemon juiced and zested
- 1 whole orange juiced and zested
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- Combine all of the salad components in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together. Add dressing to the salad and toss. This salad is great to make ahead. You can let it sit in the fridge for an hour or more.
For the full post, visit Organically Thin.