Golden Raisin Oat Bran Muffins
"America needs more bran," says food editor Ian Knauer. It's hard to argue when your mouth is full of one of his crumbly, deliciously buttery bran muffins. Golden raisins add sunny bursts to this healthful snack.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 0.33 cup mild honey
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.75 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 0.75 cup oat bran
- 1 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Butter muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, oat bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, butter, and eggs. Add to dry ingredients along with raisins and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out onto a rack to cool.
Equipment: a muffin pan with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups
Recipe by Ian Kanuer
Photo by Stephanie Foley