Goat Cheese Puddings
- 2 cup milk
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 10 1/2 ounce log fresh goat cheese, softened (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 0.25 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 0.75 cup heavy cream
- fresh raspberry, for serving
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the milk with the cream, vanilla bean and seeds, the 1/4 cup of honey and the lemon zest. Bring to a simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the milk, discarding the vanilla bean.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the whole eggs with the yolks, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually whisk in the warm milk mixture. Pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking constantly until thickened, 1 minute.
3. Transfer the custard to a blender. Add the goat cheese, butter, lemon juice and salt and blend until smooth. Pour the custard into eight 3/4-cup ramekins and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Top with raspberries and a light drizzle of honey and serve.