Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Millet is a nutty and mildly sweet seed that is nutritious and gluten-free. Its neutral flavor and delicate texture pair well with pumpkin puree and pumpkin spices, bringing the flavor of fall to the breakfast table. These pancakes come out light, moist, and fluffy.
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 0.5 cup liquid of choice (milk or purified water)
- 2 eggs, organic/free range
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (plus more for frying)
- Combine millet with warm water and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Cover and allow to soak overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, rinse and strain the millet. Place the millet in a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Fry in coconut oil until golden brown. Serve warm with butter or your favorite toppings.
For the full post, visit Butter & Sea Salt.