Gluten Free Peanut Butter & Millet Granola Bars
- 1.5 cup puffed millet or brown rice cereal
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 0.25 cup almonds or cashews, chopped
- 0.25 cup dried currents or raisins
- 0.33 cup peanut butter melted (used Buddy’s Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter) -- for correct measurement, spoon out some peanut butter, melt for 15 to 20 seconds in the microwave, then measure out 1/3 cup
- 0.33 cup brown rice syrup
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Make a sling with parchment paper and line an 8×8 inch pan with it, then spray bottom and sides of pan with nonstick spray. In a large bowl stir together millet, muesli, cinnamon, and currants. In a small bowl stir together brown rice syrup and peanut butter. Microwave for 10 seconds, stir, then microwave for another 10 seconds. Stir in vanilla and pour over dry ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly so all ingredients are coated. I use my hands to help this process. Press firmly into pan using the back of a spatula. (You want to make sure you pack them firmly so they stay together when finished.) Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven, press down on top once more with spatula and set pan on wire rack to cool completely.
For the full post, visit Heartbeet Kitchen.