Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
The secret to these muffins is in the Greek yogurt. It turns the regular classic muffin into the most tantalizing and refreshing bite of goodness- making it moist with a hint of tang. Did I mention these are gluten free?
- 11 Ounce brown rice flour, approximately 2 cups
- 1.25 Ounce cornstarch, approximately 1/4 cup
- 0.5 Ounce tapioca flour, approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 0.5 cup Greek Yogurt
- 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 tsp almond extract
- 0.5 tsp lemon zest
- 0.5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2.25 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix (see above)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 0.75 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- dash of almond extract
- sprinkle of Demerara Sugar Crystals
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Sift and place the flour mix along with the salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, eggs and sugar until light and creamy. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract along with the Greek Yogurt. Gently fold in the dry ingredients- being sure not to over-mix. Toss your blueberries with a pinch of the flour mixture and then gently fold them into the batter.
- Mix together your topping and place a heaping spoonful directly on top of each muffin- pressing down just a tiny bit. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden and the topping is nice and crisp.
Read more from Kitchen Belleicious.