Ginger-Vanilla Fro Yo With Peach Compote
This lowfat treat goes great over warm peach cobbler.
- 2 cup 2-percent-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cup (or 6 store-bought cups, 4 oz each) lowfat vanilla pudding
- 0.25 cup (1 oz) crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large (1 1/4 lb) ripe peaches, pitted and sliced, slices halved (or 10 oz frozen peach slices, thawed)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon, plus more for garnish
In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, pudding, crystallized ginger, honey and vanilla until smooth. Freeze until solid, 4 to 6 hours. Remove from freezer and defrost slightly, 15 minutes. In a medium saucepan, bring to a low boil peaches, 1 tbsp water, sugar, fresh ginger and cinnamon; reduce heat and simmer until liquid thickens and peaches soften slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool. In a food processor, process frozen yogurt–pudding mixture until smooth. Divide fro yo and peach compote among 6 bowls; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Image Credit: Levi Brown
Recipe Courtesy of: Adeena Sussman