- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 "cloves garlic, peeled"
- 3 "¼-inch-thick slices ginger, peeled"
- 7 "whole chicken wings, tips removed, separated at the joint"
- 1 Tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- "salt, to taste"
- "freshly ground white pepper, to taste"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oil, garlic, and ginger in a 10-inch, ovenproof sauté pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, flipping the garlic about halfway through. Discard the garlic, flip the ginger pieces, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the wings in a bowl and season with the turmeric and coriander. Toss the wings and rub the spices in to make sure the wings are evenly coated.
- Discard the ginger, increase heat to high, and add the wings to the pan. Arrange them all in a single layer. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, flipping halfway through and seasoning the other side with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the pan to the oven or place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.