Giant Skillet Cinnamon Roll
- 3 Can buttermilk biscuits
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter the bottoms and sides of a cast iron skillet (I used a 9" skillet).
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Remove the biscuits from the package and using a rolling pin, roll each biscuit out until they are thin strips, about ¼" thick.
- Dip each strip into the melted butter and then toss the stip into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll the first strip as if you were making a regular cinnamon roll, but for each additional strip, wrap it tightly around the first roll, continuing until you have formed one giant cinnamon roll.
- You will do this until you have used all of the biscuits or the dough has reached the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 4 Tbsp milk
- While the cinnamon roll is baking, whisk together cream cheese and 2 tablespoons milk. Slowly add the confectioner's sugar while still whisking. If the frosting seems a little thick, add a little bit more milk.
- When the cinnamon roll is finished, remove from the oven and let set for 5 minutes.
- Frost, smothering the cinnamon roll with the cream cheese frosting and serve immediately.
For the full post, visit A Happy Food Dance.