Garlicky Caesar Salad
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 3 chilled large hearts of romaine (about 1 pound), leaves left whole
- freshly ground white pepper
- 0.125 tsp tabasco sauce
- 0.125 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 anchovy filet, drained, plus more filets for serving (optional)
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated pecorino, plus thin shavings of pecorino for serving (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
1. In a blender, combine the mayonnaise with the 3 tablespoons of grated pecorino, 1 anchovy and the water, vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire and Tabasco. Process until smooth. Season with white pepper.
2. In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine with the dressing and season with black pepper. Garnish with pecorino shavings and anchovy filets and serve right away.