Garden Chicken Alfredo
Yogurt subs for heavy cream, so it's lowfat and only tastes splurgy.
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 jar (6 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 0.5 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 0.5 Pound whole-grain fettuccine
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- On a grill pan coated with cooking spray, grill chicken breasts, turning once, until cooked through, 12 minutes; chop and set aside.
- Recoat pan with spray and grill zucchini, squash, pepper and portobellos, turning once, 6 minutes; chop vegetables into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Cook pasta as directed; drain, return to pot and stir in 2 tbsp olive oil. In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp cold water. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, onion and garlic until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add half-and-half and broth; boil, then simmer 5 minutes. Mix in 3/4 cup Parmesan and yogurt; simmer 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove skillet from heat; slowly add cornstarch mixture until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- On a platter, combine pasta, sauce, chicken, vegetables, artichokes, remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, parsley, and salt and pepper.