Fruit and Nut Granola
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 0.25 cup sunflower seeds (or sesame)
- 0.25 cup coconut oil, warmed
- 0.5 cup honey (you could also use agave or maple syrup)
- 1.5 cup coconut shavings
- 1.5 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pistachios, pecans or walnuts)
- 3 cup old-fashioned oats
- chocolate or yogurt chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combined egg white, oats, nuts, coconut shavings, honey, coconut oil, sunflower seeds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and toss till everything is evenly dispersed.
- Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet and bake granola, stirring every 10 minutes, until golden brown and dry, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool on a baking sheet (the granola will crisp as it cools).
- Once cool, mix in one cup of dried fruit and optional chocolate chips or yogurt chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For the full post, visit A Happy Food Dance.