Fruit and Nut Energy Bars
- 1 cup kamut flake
- 1 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1 finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp flax seed
- 5 dried fig, stemmed and quartered
- 0.25 cup smooth peanut butter
- 0.5 cup agave nectar
- 0.5 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1 cup pecan
- 0.5 cup unsweetened coconut flake
1. Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the kamut, pecans, cashews, agave nectar, peanut butter, figs, flax seeds, canola oil and lemon zest until coarsely chopped. Add the blueberries and coconut and pulse just until incorporated.
2. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl and stir well. Form the mixture into 12 bars or rounds, 3/4 inch thick, and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake for 25 minutes, until the bars are browned around the edges. Let the bars cool completely on the baking sheet before serving.