Fried Chicken Waffles
Savory fried chicken served on top of waffles made from Pillsbury biscuits dough with bacon bits. That's a one heck of delicious meal! Don't forget to drizzle some Maple Syrup before enjoying!
- 8 Ounce chicken breasts, cut into chucks or 8 ounces chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 2 Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 0.25 cup canola oil
- 0.25 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp seasoning salt
- 0.25 cup buttermilk
- maple syrup
- Marinade chicken with butter milk, seasoned salt, black pepper and paprika overnight.
- When ready to cook, coat chicken with Panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet. Cook bacon over high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to soak up the dripping.
- In the same skillet, add vegetable oil into the bacon dripping. Over high heat, fry prepared chicken. Fry about 3 minutes each side until chicken is cooked through and turns golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Break bacon into small bits and divide into 3 portions.
- Open two packages of Pillsbury Biscuits dough. Fold 1 portion of bacon bits into one dough and use both of your palms to flat it out into a 7-inch dough circle. Do the same for the second dough.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Place one dough circle into the waffle maker and cook for 5 minutes. Repeat this step for the second dough circle.
- Place waffles onto desired plates. Drizzle with Maple syrup. Put chicken on top of the waffles. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and drizzle more Maple syrup if desire. Enjoy!
This post originally appeared on Food.com: Fried Chicken Waffles.