Fresh Tomato Bloody Marys
- 2 small celery rib, minced
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato, such as a Green Zebra, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced onion
1. Prepare the Garnish: In a bowl, toss the celery with the onion, tomato, lemon zest and juice and season with salt. Refrigerate while you make the drinks.
- 0.5 tsp medium celery rib, optional for serving
- 0.5 tsp celery salt
- 0.5 small red chili, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 0.5 cup chilled vodka
- 1.5 Pound chilled red tomato, coarsely chopped
- 4 thin green chili, optional for serving
2. Make the Bloody Mary: In a blender, puree the tomatoes, vodka, ice, tomato paste, chili and celery salt; pour into glasses. Spoon the garnish on top, add a celery rib and chile to each glass and serve.