Fresh Tomato Basil Bisque
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, loosely chopped
- 32 Ounce chicken stock
- 0.5 tsp salt
- pinch of red pepper
- parmesan for topping
1. In a large sauce pot heat 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil over medium-low heat. Brown the onions until they begin to become translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
2. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
Make a double batch so you'll be sure to have leftovers and store them in Ziploc bags in your freezer!
Cheese Please exhorts you to get tomatoes while they're ripe. Find out why.