Fresh Rigatoni with Bolognese Sauce
Fulfill your pasta craving with a plate of delicious homemade rigatoni bolognese.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream, (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cup canned peeled whole tomatoes
- 0.25 Pound ground pork
- 0.33 Pound ground beef
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Pound fresh rigatoni
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery, and onion; cook for two minutes. Add beef and pork; cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is nicely browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, bring a 6-quart pot filled with water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt water and return to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
- Add heavy cream, if using, to sauce; stir to combine. Serve immediately over pasta.
Cook's Note: Bolognese sauce may be stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 3 days.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Pucker Up: 25 Ways to Get Sweet on Rhubarb
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
19 Easy Barbecue Recipes to Make This Season
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen