Fresh Grape and Champagne Sorbet
The sorbet base takes only 15 minutes to assemble, but packs big flavor, thanks to a double hit of grapes. Add any leftover grape puree to a glass of sparkling water or to a quick pan sauce for chicken or duck breast.
- 4 cup red seedless grapes
- 0.75 cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.25 cup frozen Concord grape juice concentrate, thawed
- Few pinches of ground cinnamon
- Additional seedless red grapes (for garnish; optional)
- Puree 4 cups grapes in blender. Combine Champagne, sugar, juice concentrate, 1/4 cup water, and cinnamon in bowl; add 1 1/2 cups grape puree (reserve any remaining puree for another use). Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to container. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- Serve sorbet in Champagne coupes; garnish with additional grapes, if desired.
Image Credit: José Picayo
Recipe courtesy of: the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen