Flatbread Pizza with Asparagus & Baby Potatoes
- 2 cup baby potatoes, boiled, halved and sliced
- 1 cup vegan cheese of your choice (used the recipe below)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.5 bunch of fresh asparagus (about 2 cups), sliced diagonally
- Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to boil for the potatoes. Once boiling, add the whole potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes, until fork tender. Drain, cool, then halve and slice. Set aside until ready for use.
- Slice up the baby potatoes, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes. Set aside until ready for use.
- 0.5 cup water (additional as needed)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- small handful fresh herbs, minced (used parsley, rosemary, and oregano)
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- For the dough, whisk all the ingredients together except for the water in a large electric mixing bowl. Then, fix on the dough attachment and while on low speed, slowly add the water. The dough should be moist, but not wet. When combined, remove and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 400 F. Roll out the dough balls on a floured surface into two 14 inch pizzas. Transfer one to the pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes at 400 F. Then, top with vegan cheese and half of the prepped veggies. Place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove, and repeat with second pizza.
- Serve hot, drizzled with olive oil and topped with additional herbs and freshly cracked pepper.
Vegan Goat Cheese
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.25 cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 0.5 cup roasted and salted macadamia nuts, soaked
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 2 vegan probiotic capsules
- Soak the nuts for 2-12 hours in fresh water. Drain, rinse, and place in a blender. Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the probiotics. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, a few minutes, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a small dish and stir in the contents of two vegan probiotic capsules, discarding the shells. Cover and allow to rest overnight (8-24 hours) in a warm place. Store in the fridge. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Notes: Use whatever vegan cheese you like. I used the recipe above and made it a few days in advance. Feel free to cut the vegan cheese recipe in half if only using for these pizzas. Cheese adapted from Spabettie.
For the full post, visit Produce on Parade.