Five Minute Hot Quinoa Cereal
The peanut butter adds amazing flavor to the quinoa and almost tastes like a peanut butter sandwich.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, rice milk or milk of choice
- 0.33 cup quinoa flakes – you can find these flakes in the cereal section next to the oatmeal
- 0.25 cup goji berries
- pinch of sea salt
- maple syrup, raw honey or peanut butter to top
- toppings such as toasted walnuts, fresh or dried blueberries, goji berries, mulberries, sliced banana, cranberries, dried cherries, sliced strawberries, sliced peaches you name it
- In a small to medium sized saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the almond milk to a boil.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add in the 1/3 cup quinoa flakes, the 1/4 cup goji berries and a pinch of salt, turn off the heat and give the cereal a stir.
- Let the cereal sit for 3 minutes, (set your timer here) to allow the quinoa flakes to cook through. Give the cereal a final stir. See how much thicker and creamier it is?
- Ladle the cereal into a bowl and top with one of the below toppings along with a nice drizzle of maple syrup. My favorite toppings are a sliced banana, dried cranberries, mulberries and toasted walnuts.
For the full post, visit Marin Mama Cooks.