Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Guacamole and Cabbage Slaw
Serving Size: 10
- 2 Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- hot sauce, for serving
- 2 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 7-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 Pound thick red snapper fillet with skin, cut crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 small head of Napa cabbage, shredded
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 0.25 cup low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- lime wedges, for serving
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice. Season the guacamole with salt and pepper and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter and pull off the skin.
- To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a few tomato slices and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw. Serve with the hot sauce and lime wedges.