Fire-Roasted Berry Crostini with Honey Crème Fraîche
Grill this super-simple dessert right before you serve it: It takes just 30 minutes.
- 0.5 cup crème fraîche
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 3 1/2-inch-thick slices of country bread, halved crosswise
- Softened unsalted butter, for brushing
- 0.25 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 cup mixed fresh berries
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Light a hardwood charcoal fire. In a bowl, whisk the crème fraîche with the honey.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with butter and generously sprinkle with sugar. Grill the bread over moderately high heat, turning once, until crisp and caramelized, 3 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the 1/4 cup of sugar and the salt. Spread the berries on a perforated grill sheet or in a grill basket and grill over moderately high heat, tossing, until starting to burst, 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Spoon the berries on the crostini and top with dollops of the honey crème fraîche.
Image Credit: Christina Holmes
Recipe Courtesy of: Michael Chiarello