Fingerling Potatoes with Pumpkin Seed Romesco
Serving Size: 10
- 4 Pound fingerling potatoes
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup unsalted roasted pumpkin seed
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp hot pimentón de la Vera, Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp ancho chile powder
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 6 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then halve the potatoes lengthwise.
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, garlic, shallot, ancho chili powder, pimentón and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat for 25 minutes, then transfer to a food processor. Add the pumpkin seeds and 1/4 cup of the oil and puree. Season the romesco with salt.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large cast-iron griddle on the grill. In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil and season with salt. When the griddle is very hot, add half of the potatoes in a single layer, cut sides down. Cook them over high heat until browned, 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes and cook until the skins are browned in spots, 5 minutes longer. Transfer the potatoes to a platter. Cook the remaining potatoes. Alternatively, preheat the oven to 425°. Arrange the potatoes cut side down on 2 baking sheets. Roast for about 25 minutes, switching the position of the pans halfway through, until the potatoes are browned.
- Drizzle the potatoes with some of the romesco sauce and serve, passing the remaining sauce at the table.