Fig Carpaccio with Lemon and Honey Frisee Salad
Serving Size: 2
Looking to wow your guests? Be sure to try this amazing Fig Carpaccio with Lemon and Honey Frisee Salad, Prosciutto, Candied Walnuts and Shaved Parmesan.
- 6 large fresh figs
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- lemon twists for garnish
- fresh chervil leaves for garnish
- 1 julienne slice of Prosciutto ham
- 0.25 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 0.33 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup walnut
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup honey
- 2 tsp of grainy mustard
- 1 small diced small shallot
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 head of frisee lettuce
- juice of 2 lemon
- In a saute pan on high heat, add in walnuts and brown sugar and cook until sugar melts while constantly stirring. Once the walnuts are coated remove from the pan and spread out on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, shallots, mustard, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper until combined to make a lemon and honey vinaigrette, and set aside.
- Using a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the figs longways.
- Next, toss the frisee with the parmesan, prosciutto, salt and pepper and lemon and honey vinaigrette until coated.
- To Plate: Fan the thinly sliced figs all over the plate and place the salad right in the center. Garnish with parmesan slices and candied walnuts
Read more from Chef Billy Parisi.