Fiesta Pasta Salad & Green Chile Lime Vinaigrette
This is ridiculously delicious. And it takes little to no time at all to prepare! I wanted something cold, light, and veggieful to help combat the heat of the summer. And the green chile lime vinaigrette? It's to die for. It's amazingness should be illegal. Don't let the name fool you either - the vinaigrette isn't spicy at all. If you do want some spice in your life, just add in a chopped jalapeño to the pasta salad and you'll be good to go.
- 4 Ounce Chopped Green Chillies
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 0.25 cup Cilantro, Chopped
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Stir together and cover.
- Set in the fridge to cool while you get the pasta salad together.
- 1 Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes, Drained
- 1 Can No Salt Added Corn, Drained
- 1 Can No Salt Added Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 0.67 cup Veggie Pasta Rotini Noodles, Cooked
- 2 Avocado, Diced
- Toss the ingredients for the pasta salad in a large bowl together. Allow to cool in the fridge until ready to serve (I added the avocado in last and carefully stirred it in so that it would turn to mush)
- When ready, plate up the pasta salad and top with the dressing.
Alternatively you could toss the pasta salad with the vinaigrette if you intend to eat it all right away. Otherwise the noodles will swell and further absorb the liquid. I topped mine with a bit of queso fresco, just because I had it on hand and didn't want it to go to waste. It's so entirely unneeded.
For the full post, visit The Skinny Fork.