Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken
Creamy sauce, succulent chicken, perfectly al dente pasta, a sprinkle of fresh herbs...all that's missing is the waiter and the check.
- 0.5 Pound fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 Pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1.25 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp flour
- 4 Ounce (1/2 of 8-oz.) PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, cubed
- 3 Tbsp KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 0.25 tsp pepper
- COOK pasta as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet. Mix broth and flour in same skillet. Stir in Neufchatel, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, garlic powder and pepper; cook 2 min. or until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly with whisk. Stir in chicken.
- DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
SPECIAL EXTRA Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
SUBSTITUTE Prepare as directed, using whole wheat fettuccine.
VARIATION Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli before serving.