Favorite Banana Bread
Thanks to the addition of cream cheese, this classic bread is unbelievably moist. And while it won't be easy, you should wait until it is completely cooled before slicing.
- 2.25 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp CALUMET baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 1 package (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.25 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 fully ripe banana, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup PLANTERS walnut, chopped
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- MIX flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add bananas and eggs; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Stir in nuts.
- POUR into greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- BAKE 1 hour 10 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
Kraft Kitchen tips:
FAVORITE CHOCOLATE-BANANA BREAD Prepare as directed, substituting 4 oz. chopped BAKERS Semi-Sweet Chocolate for the nuts.
SUBSTITUTE Prepare using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese.
HOW TO SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened. Add 15 sec. for each additional package of cream cheese.